Both our pastures where our pigs are raised and fed, our slaughterhouse, factory, dryer, central offices, are located in the District of Trujillo.
Before explaining the process of making our hams and shoulders, we want to emphasize that ALL THE PROCESS is done in our own facilities, with our own Iberian pigs fed in our Dehesas located in the District of Trujillo, Cáceres (Extremadura).
The elaboration process could be summarized in the following phases:
- 1st. Despecie. The fresh meat is cut by pieces, where among other parts of the animal, the front legs (hams) and the hind legs (shoulders) will be selected.
- 2nd. Salting. The legs are healed (bury) in the traditional way, in sea salt. The process takes in relation to the weight of the piece, each kilo would be a day.
- 3rd. Washed. Salt is treated with hot water.
- 4th. Drying and dehumidification. The pieces pass to our dryers where, with a controlled temperature and constant control of our staff, we get them to start drying.
- 5th. Healing in the cellar They pass to our cellars where the process is finished with its cure. Each type of piece will have a minimum period of healing.
All the pigs, until they reach an approximate weight of 100 kg, feed themselves by nursing and then with vitaminized feed. Depending on the breed and type of%, the pig feeds on:
- Acorn 100% Iberian: During the fattening process, the pig feeds on acorns and pastures of the Dehesa, its race is 100% Iberian.
- Acorn 50 - 75% Iberian: During the process of fattening, the pig feeds on acorns and pastures of the Dehesa, but its race is not 100% Iberian.
- Cebo Field 50 - 75 - 100% Iberian: During the fattening process, the pig feeds on natural feed, its breed is at least 50% Iberian.
- Cebo 50 - 75 - 100% Iberian: During the fattening process, the pig feeds on natural feed in closed facilities, its breed is at least 50% Iberian. ul>
We always recommend that ham and whole palette pieces be kept in a dry and fresh place (in an environment whose temperature is between 15º and 25º), if possible hung or in a ham holder.
If the piece has already been started, it is recommended that it be consumed in less than 30 days so that its flavor, quality and properties are maintained at 100%. If it is consumed later, it does not imply that the product is in poor condition (in any case, the preferred consumption date will prevail on the label of the piece). If it is Summer, the period of consumption may be shorter.
It is recommended to cut the piece into thin slices, let it temper and serve.
To have a greater durability once the piece is started, it is recommended to put a cloth that does not loose lint or debris so that it does not give light and air, thus you will achieve greater durability.
You have the right to return a defective product or not in accordance with what is described in the online store, for this you must open a return part through your customer area or through the footer of the online store. < br>
We will offer you the possibility of making a substitution of the product, assuming the shipping costs, as long as it is a product that has quality problems.
If the reason for the return is another, the customer will be responsible for delivering the product in our facilities and as long as it is in its original packaging and has not been used, we will proceed to make a refund of the price you have paid for the product. with a purchase voucher, which you can use at any time at www.ibericospro.com
By hand, products that have been manipulated for machine cutting will not have the option to return.
Our Online Store, once your purchase is confirmed, will send an email to your email with the summary of the purchase, order status ...
If you have not received this email in a period of 24 hours, we recommend you check the SPAM or Unwanted Mail tray.
You can always contact us through the "Contact" area to request information about your order or you can access your customer profile and check the status of your order.
There are times that you can buy products in our physical facilities and that you will not find in online store, that means that due to production or stock reasons they are temporarily deactivated.
Contact us or through the support chat and we will inform you if we can deliver the product you are interested in.
Iberpro offers you the guarantee of its products, this means that if you receive a product in poor condition or defective, we will proceed to the collection of the product and delivery of a new one.
To do this, you must provide us with all the information in the "Returns" section from your customer profile or through the footer of the online store.
The approximate delivery time is 24 - 48 working hours (deliveries in Spain - Peninsular Portugal). For other geographical areas the delivery time will be longer.
Keep in mind that there are periods in which the time of preparation of your purchase may be increased, such as bridges, Christmas, summer, etc ... That's why we recommend that on these dates, make your purchases in advance to ensure the Delivery periods.
Either from our selection of sliced products, such as when you buy an entire piece and request that it be sent sliced by hand or machine, they will be vacuum packed so that at no time will the quality, taste and aroma of the product be lost .
We recommend that you keep it in a place where it is not light and at a temperature of 15º. it is not necessary to keep it in the refrigerator, we can store it in a dry, cool and low light place in our home.
In case you have decided to store it in the refrigerator, we recommend that before opening, let temper at least 10 - 15 minutes, in this way you can enjoy all the flavor, aroma of the product.
Any of the products you can find in our Online Store can be sent as a gift. You will only have to select the option of "Shipping for a gift" in the payment process and add your dedication in observations or annotations.
Remember to add the delivery address where you want your purchase delivered, at any time you can add a different billing address and delivery address.
To receive the discount coupon for your first purchase, you will only have to register with a valid email, then you will receive the welcome email and the discount code that you will be able to use only once, the discount on the total will be applied. of your purchase.
At any time you can use your discount coupon, you just have to follow the following steps
- 1) Access your customer account (to use the discount coupon you need to be a registered customer)
- 2) Add your products to the shopping cart
- 3) Access the shopping cart and you can add the coupon in "Use Discount Code" at the end of the cart, then click on the "Apply Coupon" button And that's it, your coupon will be added to the total of your purchase and the promotion will apply. ul>